1.7.11

Boxerfish

boxerfish

For many known and unknown reasons this print has been a long time coming. The original layers were inked and uploaded to my flickr page 18 months ago. Unsurprisingly when I came to print I couldn't remember the exact colours I'd intended to use although perhaps surprisingly I got two out of three right. I'm still not entirely sure what the third colour would have been had I printed at the time of illustrating (I have a note of it somewhere) but the results are satisfying enough.

In the image below you can see the developmental stages of the aforementioned misprint. Absentmindedly I'd printed the green layer the wrong way over the copper layer. This gave a curious impression of depths and shadow, the suggestion of a denser school of fish than I'd originally drawn. It's a very nice effect that I wish I'd had the foresight to do intentionally. Intrigued, I split the run in two with half following the error and half continuing down the intended path.

boxerfish shadow stages

There are 10 copies of each variation, A4, signed and numbered. The main version is available over on etsy but if you fancy buying a copy of the variation just let me know and we'll sort that for you.

No comments: